Friday, December 30, 2011

Three Words

                                                                Larry Muller "Little Papa"
                                                     
          Do you ever have those days where years ago seems like yesterday and last week seems like forever ago? You remember random things about that day like what you were wearing or something one person said. Today is one of those days, and it will always be. Today is the 8th anniversary of the celebration of the freedom of my Little Papa from Parkinson's, and a sad day for all who knew him. It is odd to use the word celebration, but that is truly what it was in a way. He got to see the God and Creator he talked about all the time. He got to see the reason he lived and breathed and served. I will always remember the man of God that he was and the love that he showed to his family.

           One thing I remember vividly is the last conversation I was able to have with him. He had not spoken a word in hours, and as I was leaving he said "I Love You." I only slightly knew how precious those words were then, but now I truly know how precious those three words are. Little papa was the family man who took me on picnics, washed his car as I washed my tricycle, would take me on a day trip to UGA every once in awhile, and who could forget picking up sticks on saturday afternoons? I mean what kid did not want to ride in the super old red truck to take the sticks to the dump, even as a girl. Oh I was grandpa's little girl.

            As my sister is almost half way through college at UGA and I have just graduated from nursing school. I cannot even imagine how proud of us he would have been. Not to mention my little cousin Sean who never met him. Oh how much he would love him. Sometimes when I am hanging out with the most awesome four year old in the world he reminds me so much of the pictures of my grandpa as a kid. It is kinda ridiculous. I cannot wait until the day I get to celebrate with you, Little Papa, and the creator of the universe forever. But until then I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment