Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Lot Can Change In So Little Time...

          Ok I am awful at this whole keeping the blog updated thing. Sorry bout that. Anyways my life has drastically changed from getting a new job to moving back to Atlanta. First of all NEVER SAY NEVER to God. I have found that whenever I say never to something it often happens. For example I always said I would never move back to ATL and here I am. I also said I would never work in pediatrics, and now I am. Neither of these things would I trade for the world. I am so happy and excited for this next season of my life.
          I graduated from Samford with my BSN in December. Was offered my first nursing job at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital the first week in January. Took the NCLEX, got my license, and moved the last week in January. A lot can change in just a month. Then the agonizing wait for my license to transfer to Georgia. And now I am where I am today. Tomorrow is my first day on the job. I am not going to lie I am nervous, who isn't on the first day of their first full time job. The goal I have poured sweat and tears into for the last four years of my life. My first real job. A job where I get to meet many princesses and dragons and whatever else a kid might pretend to be. I get to look at pretty colored pictures and play with dolls. I also get the privilege of helping make the sniffles go away. I cannot wait to serve these kiddos and their families. It is such a privilege, and I am so so excited.

            Over the past couple months I have had some wonderful time hanging out with my family. Getting to visit family in Knoxville, going to the beach, and finding a home church here in ATL. I am so happy to say that I have found a faith family and I am truly getting plugged in. I have started going to Passion City Church. Tonight was my first night as a volunteer or as they call us, doorholders. I am so excited to see what God has in store for me among these awesome brothers and sisters. I definitely learned from the past that plugging into a church is such a necessary thing. It is not something to take lightly, and I decided to dive in head first. I could not be happier. I am currently praying about getting involved somewhere  volunteering. I am hoping for something medical or kid related. It should be interesting to see where God leads me in the next few months.

          Ok so here goes one last thing for this update. I was debating whether or not to put this on here because it means that I actually have to commit myself to something that I have struggled with my whole life. I am going to set goals and lose weight this year. For real, not for fake. I guess writing it down where the world can see is holding me somewhat accountable in my head. We shall see. Children's has some awesome wellness benefits that I hope to take advantage of including onsite weight training, fitness classes and weight watchers. So there, the commitment is on "paper" and I pray I can follow through. Current goals is to lose 23 pounds by my 23rd birthday, June 20th. Who thinks I can do it?
           

For a day in your courts is better
    than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:10

No comments:

Post a Comment